Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, TX
Doctor of Jurisprudence; Executive Business Manager, Texas Tech Administrative Law Journal, Vol. 17 Student Attorney, Criminal Defense Clinic
2L Class President & Aggie Bar Association President
Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Society Texas A&M Student Senate
Tough Law Firm, PLLC, Spring, TX Associate Attorney
- Lead attorney on personal injury docket: review and analyze medical records and billing statements, draft pleadings and pre-trial motions, conduct discovery, and negotiate settlements.
- Assist supervising attorneys at various stages of civil lawsuits related to business transactions and probate matters.
- Draft estate administration documents including wills and powers of attorney.
- Conducted a mediation that resulted in an equitable settlement for client in a landlord-tenant dispute.
EnerVest, Ltd., Houston, TX July 2015-August 2015 Legal Intern
- Drafted a Confidentiality Agreement and presented my work and understanding to executives and department leaders.
- Researched case law and determined company liability to landowners for ruptured pipeline and subsequent saltwater spill.
Tough Law Firm, PLLC, Spring, TX May 2015-July 2015 Law Clerk
- Wrote and filed an appellate brief regarding an arbitrator’s failure to serve notice on an essential party.
- Drafted Motions for Summary Judgment to determine heirship and assignment of client as a dependent administrator.
Chief Judge Ricardo H. Hinojosa, U.S. District Court—S.D. of Texas, McAllen, TX July 2014-August 2014 Summer Intern
- Drafted legal memoranda regarding revocation of a supervised release term and good faith dealings by an insurance company towards hailstorm damage to a residence.
- Observed hearings and discussed attorney strategy, arguments made, and rulings with the judge.
Chief Justice Rogelio Valdez, Thirteenth Court of Appeals, Edinburg, TX Summer Intern
- Discussed cases with supervising attorneys and Justice Valdez to determine Court’s holdings.
- Assisted in drafting the Court’s opinions in currently published criminal cases.
- Licensed: November 2016
- The State Bar of Texas
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association
PUBLICATION & AWARDS
Money Talks While Democracy Walks: The Constitutionality of the Texas Ethics Commission Enforcing the Judicial Campaign Fairness Act in the Face of McCutcheon v. FEC, Texas Tech Administrative Law Journal, Vol. 16.
Top Grade Award: Trial Advocacy; Class Distinction Awards: Evidence; First Amendment; Criminal Defense Clinic.
Advocacy Awards: Advanced Mock Trial Distinguished Oralist Award; Advanced Negotiations Top Oralist Award.
Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges.